L'oreal Paris Lingerie Student Concept
Design: Gargi Wadnap
Project Type: Student Project
School: MIT Institute of Design
Course: Product Design
Packaging Contents: Lingerie
Packaging Substrate / Materials: Art Paper
Printing Process: Screen printing
There is a lack of intriguing packaging design in the Indian market despite being one of the largest consumer markets in the world. this gives us an opportunity to design a packaging not just in terms of form/ function but also branding.
When it comes to buying lingerie, females are always attracted towards fancy yet glamorous designs thus keeping it in mind to give them the fell of richness and glamorous experience while unpacking their desired item that has been bought.
Usually high end top brands cover the lingerie in a butter paper and give it to their customers in paper bags which might not look nice and may not be very efficient to carry while roaming around in the mall.
The packaging that I have designed keeping in mind the price that is paid to buy the item so that the customer gets the item without any damage and as well as feel the unpacking experience and enjoy it. The packaging is made out of art paper which is completely bio-degradable and a natural source of packaging thus creating less usage of plastic cartons used for packing lingerie and is also reusable for future use. The box can later be used to store any other items that the buyer desires to store thus making it a useful packaging.
*It is a classroom project. It is not commissioned by the brand - 'L'oreal Paris'
- The paper seal on the opening resemble the wax seal and also assures that the package has been sealed so there is no damage and so that the customer can take it home safely.
- The packaging is bio-degradable and made out of paper.
- Packaging promotes the brand through brand cards provided with the box for the customer to know more about their purchase as well as to promote future shopping.
- Gives an all together glamorous and classy unpacking experience for the customer as for the money they have paid.
- The packaging can be used in the future to store lingerie or any other desired items.
- Separate slot to store panties that are usually bought with the bras.